There are always strange smells at work - always. One week it smelled like Thanksgiving stuffing (yet not holiday time), another time like pears, a month ago mustard and ketchup a couple days. I don't usually investigate how or why it smells, I'm sure it would ruin a great many things for me to see work's version of chicken noodle soup or a hamburger. Sometimes it's not food, it's burning rubber or stale air (if you can even guess what that smells like). These smells vary between tolerable to stomach turning and if I'm really lucky Shawn can catch a whiff of it lingering on my scrubs. Thank goodness I wear scrubs everyday.
This week, I couldn't quite place my nose on the smells but I started having weird cravings based on these smells. Like a salivating urge to eat hot dogs and nacho cheese, I actually contemplated stopping at the store for these commodities. EWWW. The next day it was chicken in a spinach wrap that sounded good. Where did this come from? I never would eat that. Today it was salmon and cheddar cheese served quesidilla style with salsa. As nasty as this one sounds, it was actually pretty good, the compulsion was so strong I went for it, plus we had all the ingredients. Oddly enough with these weird food desires some foods have fallen out of favor and make my stomach turn just thinking of them - ice cream and fresh baked cupcakes to name a couple. Very disappointing when I made cupcakes tonight.
And no, I'm not pregnant, so don't even go there, and if you already went there come back. Between cravings and aversions I'm not sure what to think, it may be the progesterone but I couldn't find that as an ADR on the package insert.
No comments:
Post a Comment