I can't believe this week went so fast! Even though my days are long with a very long commute they seem to go by so fast. I am seeing lots of patients solo which is such a relief. I'm in no way ready to be on my own in the real world, but at least I seem to be able to squeeze the important things out of pts even if I have beat them with my stethoscope - no I don't really do that. I get so caught up in the questioning that a couple times I forgot to do a physical exam - what a dweeb cheese I am! I feel like such an idiot when this happens, but hey, I'm on a learning curve. I have lots of things I need to review and remember. I have a hard time with Pharmacology and ordering and interpreting labs. (guess I should not have crammed pharm the night before all year long - oops). This week I heard a couple murmurs, did a pap and breast exam all by me onesy (and even found pathology!), I am also starting to see more complex patients. What's even better is most of the patients I have seen this week I will see again! The doc I am working with seems to thank me for my help - which I find a little odd. He gets really behind on his paperwork and uses my notes to dictate on patients which is fine. Maybe I find it odd since in my last rotation when I was the Bandaid/Xray retriever I never was thanked or told I was doing well. I hear this a lot now which is a nice offset to before - even though it's not necessarily warranted.
I am so grateful Shawn has been encouraging me through all of this. He told me to hang in there during the last 6wks and reminded me I chose the right path going to PA school, now I am finally able to say that too!
1 comment:
Good for you! This is how it should be.
erin
Post a Comment