I am anxiously awaiting August 1st and not because it's the last day of this rotation - I really like this rotation and hope the rest are just like it. My dear husband set up an amazing surprise trip for us...WE'RE GOING TO CHICAGO to see the CUBS!! I am beyond excited! What a treat! He set it up all on his own, he tried to keep it a secret but couldn't, what a sweetheart!! He also bought his parents tickets to the game too (for father's day and his mom's birthday). It will be their first time at the 'Friendly Confines' I can't wait for them to experience the Cubbies up close and personal - our tickets are phenomenal!! Wrigley Field is amazing, the Cubbies are amazing (even though it's been a century since they won a world series), the fans are awesome, up on their feet cheering with one out to go in the bottom of the 9th, even if the Cubs are behind . And to hear the entire stadium erupt with the song "Go Cubs Go" after a great win - nothing tops it. I wish we could go see them play more often, but we named our dogs after the team so I guess that will have to do for now. Hopefully they will continue to play great following the All Star break (more like the Cubs vs Red Sox break).

In other ticket news, I just bought my plane tickets for Rotation #3 in Humble TX. Oh joy (with a large side of sarcasm). At least I will be with family and speaking Spanish daily.
2 comments:
Glad to see a fellow cubs fan! My mother lives in Chicago, and I have come to love the cubbies too (especially this year). GO CUBS!
It must be nice to get to see a game featuring major league baseball teams. I had to settle for the Mariners in June.
--erin
Post a Comment