Apparently my new nickname amongst my patient population (or code name if you will) is "peas and carrots". If you can name the movie it came from - gold star to you, I think it's much better than Bunny Ranch - the title a former PA held.
The firing has begun or to be more PC the " we're are hiring someone else to do your job and there's not another job opening for you" needless to say the last week has been tough, especially after the article in the Columbian last week that (and I am paraphrasing here, but same gist) ... we (clark county) weren't happy with the current company and they cost too much money for their services, there were also 10 custody officer jobs on the line, so we went with a company that came in $700,000 less that will replace RNs with CNAs to save costs and all ten officer jobs and the 100 beds were saved. Didn't sit to well with the nursing staff considering the new company told them they weren't cutting any ones job. So now it's anyone's guess to see who stays and who goes, although I've heard I am safe, our health service administrator was informed she won't be staying as of today. I'm very grateful to have a job, hope it's all true, I love what I am doing and I really enjoy the people I work with and the patients - it's never a dull moment (well sometimes reviewing 40+ charts daily gets a little monotonous).
The name of the new company is catchy... Conmed. Maybe us PAs can open our own outpatient clinic for followup care called Ex-con med? Just a thought.
And that's all I've got to say about that.
2 comments:
What i wouldn't give to hear someone say "Jennnay" in an alabama voice.
I wonder what my nickname would be...for that matter, what the nicknames of our classmates would be...
and now that I've googled it, you're right...much better than Bunny Ranch.
Post a Comment