So the house is finished, we closed on 6/30, keys are in hand, but we haven't had a chance to actually move in yet... kind of crazy as we sit here on the couch in our apartment when it's 95 degrees outside knowing that we could be enjoying 70 degree comfort inside our house. All in good time I suppose but really, who doesn't move right away? Maybe because my car has been dying a slow agonizing death... it's 12 years old, 181,936 miles, the driver door handle broke off so have to role down the window to open the door, the engine light is on and it occasionally continues to run, making a high pitched screeching noise even when the car is in "off" position and keys out of the ignition. So I bought a new car today. Betsy has gone to greener pastures, and now I'm enjoying Goldie - named lovingly for the band "Goldfish" that sings the song to the car's commercial.
Now that the car isn't an issue I guess we don't have any excuse not to pack up and get the hell out of Dodge, before it burns down. (yeah, an apartment fire in our complex this week due to a faulty propane tank was also motivation).
No comments:
Post a Comment