Monday, October 18, 2010

Patients at work patients at home

What a strange health week for our family of 4.
Shawn's been itchy - it didn't start with a rash but he eventually did get a rash and it resolved on its own but he's still itchy, not sure why. Then Wrigley gets sick, vomiting, diarrhea the works. Just when she gets over that hump, after bathtime we find she has an ear infection. Doggy ear infections stink, literally.  I think we caught the infection early enough and prevented her from needing super antibiotics and a trip to the vet. (I'm so glad Shawn's the ear cleaning expert, she doesn't want me anywhere near her ears). Then a rash I've had is beginning to get bigger and spreading like wild fire. It started as a singular red scaly spot then the little oval patches started to form along my sides then spread to the arms and a few on the legs. It itched, quite a bit and I was looking like a mutation, I was hoping I would still have some normal skin left. After some thoughts I knew what my rash was (much to my relief I wasn't coming down with a hybrid rash from jail) and so the 6-8 week wait begins. And then the canine conjunctivitis. Cubby's eye is so darn goopy it actually made me a little queasy trying to clean him up. A piece of mulch probably scratched his eye (they've been spending a lot of time outdoors) but I really hope it's not bacterial and Wriggy ends up with it too. Good thing we've got a paramedic and a PA in the family.

No comments: