It's officially fall. I love fall. I can't quite put my finger on it because it essentially means the beginning of the rainy season here in the PNW but I do love fall. The rainy season makes me just want to sit and listen to music, curled up in a handmade quilt, snuggle with the hubby and the pups and just chill. Boring huh?
We love music - of all kinds but we have a particular warm spot for Pearl Jam. (And yes we chased Eddie Vedder through three states in 2 weeks and it was totally worth it). PJ is comforting - a true NW band that has survived 20years which is fairly rare if you think about great bands. They've survived being outspoken, the grunge era melt down and taking on Ticketmaster. We just went to Vancouver BC to see them play the last show on the North American leg of the PJ20 tour. WOW! We learned after the Eddie Vedder Seattle show, the last show is the place to be. It's a whole different experience. Couple that with Shawn's amazing seat selection and I'm speechless. We went to see the Cameron Crowe Documentary (or rockumentary if you will) a the historic Hollywood Theatre in PDX. It was so well done, so well pieced and who thought to keep footage from 22 years ago - before the band even formed? Brilliant. It gave some amazing insight to the band and it reminded fans that if it weren't for Mother Love Bone (and Andy Wood's untimely death) there would be no PJ. An amazing tribute to Andy and Mother Love Bone can be found Here (yeah, we were here... sigh)
Just like any form of music - PJ is not for everyone and I'm pretty sure that most people wouldn't justified planning vacations around seeing them or the front man EV in concert... but we do. While we are childless we are going play, have fun and live and one way we live is through music. Music is healing and music can be the words that escape your tongue but are in your head.
I wear a bracelet, it's simple, practically unnoticeable and a thin leather band. It says Present Tense. That's all it needs to say. It reminds me to keep moving forward to not live in the past and not live in yesterday or even 5min ago. That seems simple enough, right? To not dwell on the past and yet I could never really do that until I met Shawn. He taught me to live in the now. You can remember the past but you don't have to re-live it or curse yourself for mistakes you've made. Any time you spend re-living the past only wastes the precious present which can be gone in an instant. Some days I wear my bracelet because it looks stylish with my outfit but other days I wear it as a declaration and still sometimes it serves as a reminder. And wouldn't you know? This bracelet was inspired by PJ. Present Tense, PJ KC 2010 (crappy video but we were there and it was awesome!)
So until next time. Thank you PJ, welcome fall and Cheers for what's next.
No comments:
Post a Comment