4 days of heat and then the cool rain came - typical but a welcome change. So one of my favorite things about our new apartment is our breakfast nook. It's a perfect space for our card table turned dinner table (it works for our space). We had the table in the last apartment but it was a part of the "living room/kitchen/dining" area - so it kind of became a great place for mail and odds and ends. So now in our new nook we actually use it as a table (an occasional place to do the ironing). So all this being said, we have been able actually sit down and have a meal together. It's funny how having a place to just sit and eat changes the conversation and improves communication. How did we go so long with out a table?
Yesterday's clinic was uneventful. More suture and staple removal for me an a whole lot of watching - bummer. On the plus side one of the clinical team professors called me after emailing her my concerns and is making a site visit Thursday which I am really grateful for and they are seriously considering changing up my rotation. It's not that I haven't learned anything, it's just not what I (or the program) think should be happening. This is mostly impart to the fact they lost a provider not to long ago and have a few of those patients lingering in the line up, and on the other hand it's just a gosh darn busy practice with surgeries booked 10 weeks in advance. I just think they are took busy of a clinic for a student. I tried really hard to remain objective when talking to Prof. telling her what I was doing and not doing and left out the part about how I think my preceptor is well let's just say won't be winning the award for preceptor of the year but he does try when he can to teach me something. Then again maybe it's me, maybe I'm not showing him I can handle more responsibility. Point is - change coming soon. Today, I have off, both the doc and PA are out of the office and the other surgeon I was supposed to go with per my doc didn't want to sign a million papers for one day, so I will be catching up on my patient logging and reading - too bad Shawn has a 12lead class today but it's really awesome he has that opportunity.
Side notes: So one really awesome thing about AMR is they have all these free classes for their paramedics to attend as part of their required refresher courses for license renewal - all taught by the medical director. They last 4 hours or so, but if you attend just half of them in a year all your hours are covered for renewal - how great is that??
No comments:
Post a Comment