Saturday, May 10, 2008

New beginnings

Well, 4 moves, 4 states and 14 months later, we've settled - again. We just moved to Vancouver WA. Shawn is working at AMR and loving it. (Maybe not the night shift, but I think working the night shift takes a special breed). I just finished my didactic year for PA school which is rather unsettling. I am expected to know so much at this point and yet I really feel I know very little. So for both of us, a lot of changes. I know I haven't kept up on this posting thing, but I have committed myself to it for at least my rotation year. I will be spending a large majority away from my husband, which is really tough to stomach at this point. So, I figure, I can write/type away hoping it will capture the next 15mo which is sure to be quite a ride. I am just so grateful to have Shawn by my side the entire way. And I know Cubs and Wrigs will be in excellent hands.
My first rotation is Orthopedic Surgery, which has been a dream of mine since I was 5 yrs old (seriously how many 5 yrs olds know what they want to do with their lives?) I am very excited, but of course nervous. And how much can really happen in 6weeks? The time will fly by so fast I just hope I can make the most of them.

As far as our moving... we seem to like it out here. I can seriously see us staying here. It's funny because this is our 3rd apartment and we are still moving up so to speak. We started with an open plan, almost studio like apartment (only door was on the bathroom) and tiny kitchen with few cabinets, oh and we lived sub-ground level, next we moved to a much smaller and more expensive 1 bedroom, with actual doors, walk in closet and a washer and dryer and a patio to grill on. Plus some other amenities like a pool, and workout facility. Now we are living in a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment with an actual dining nook, washer dryer, awesome patio, amenities and we even bought a new couch and chair - I feel so grown up now. How silly. No matter where we move, no matter city or apartment, as long as we have each other we are home.

No comments: