Well you see doctor (in a thick/heavy Asian accent - I say this only so you can get a true feel and so I don't have to try and write the actual broken dialogue) I just don't think the Straterra was working so I stopped it. So I started Concerta then he throw up. (He threw up after the Concerta asks the doc?) No he threw up before and after, so which came first chicken or egg? Then I made him take another Concerta and for an hour he talked - a lot - the babysitter said he talked too much so I don't think it's working. Should it make him more talkative? I hope not, but if it's not suppose to make him more active or talkative why did it do that? (ummm, because the 9 yr old wanted to talk without his mom telling him to be quiet? I don't know I thought to myself and the doc says: well Concerta takes an hour or so to kick in, he's on the lowest dose possible, we should try increasing his dosage). Why keep the same medicine if it 's not working? I think we need a new medicine. And he's vomiting and has a cough and his throat hurts. He quite eating and drinking - well he eats but very little, he's lost 5 pounds and won't drink. He refuses his milk only wants pop (well we need to be careful about giving him too much pop - diet would be better if you have to) No it's the only thing he drinks and then he only drinks 2 sips and throws it away. And he's constipated. The entire encounter seemed to last forever (almost an hour) after a strep screen (negative) a talk about not treating viral URIs and how to fix constipation (she was totally prepared to do a fleet's right then and there) we escaped the room. We were handing mom some flyers on other ADHD meds and some miralax samples on her way out of the office (not just the room but office)when she dropped this bomb: so what do we do if the concerta doesn't work at the max dose? Doc: well it will take a week or too to get to that dose and then a month to really tell how it's working. Mom: Yeah, but we're moving to Indiana on THURSDAY so what do I do with him?
Gee lady this would have been really good to know an HOUR ago!!!
Just goes to show that they may wait until you have your hand on the door leading out of the Office, not just the room to drop a bomb.
I also managed to hand a kiddo back just before she puked (all over mom) and proceeded to have a blowout in her diaper (also all over mom). Good timing?
I flew home Friday-Sunday. It was the best 3 days...in a long time. I needed it - our taxes needed it and me, shawn and the dogs needed it even more. Times flies, but no complaints, it was 3 nights I wouldn't have had with him or the doggies. Life is good!
1 comment:
I've been meaning to say...
This picture of you and Shawn on the beach... you need to re-post it without the distortion, because I've seen Shawn in real life, and those pants are making his ass look much bigger than it is.
Post a Comment