My Mon, Wed, Thurs, Fri are long, my Tuesdays are short meaning I am done by 5-5:30 - yay!
I like peds. I am getting so much more familiar with well child exams - good ones, thorough and actually looking at some of the developmental reflexes that I hadn't been doing during family medicine fro the last 3months. Kind of makes me think maybe mine and the doc's WCC exams were sub par. I'm trying to remember when to give what vaccine but with all the combination vaccines having different names it's kind of hard to keep track. My favorite infant reflex: the Gallant reflex (spelling?) It's like a mini hip shimmy. Very fun to show parents - plus it makes them forget that it looks like I am going to drop their child on the floor. -which I haven't done.
I saw a kid who had a tracheoplasty done at age 6months with lots of complications. She also has a G-button and I cauterized the granuloma on it with a silver nitrate stick - sorta fun - even though she screamed. She was also my last and very late patient at 6:30 tonight.
Had a family of 4 decide all 4 children needed to be seen. Did I mention they are Spanish-only. Ages of the kids: 9mo, 15mo, 5, 8 = small exam room.
On the family front:
Shawn was asked a month ago to join a chart review team. Very cool, what an honor. He hasn't worked at AMR for very long, a little over a year. He found out why he was asked to join this special group. During his probie period (probation) his charts were reviewed in this same committee and they decided his charts were so good, they needed to have him on the CRT too (chart review team). I am so very proud of Shawn. All of his hard work and effort and dedication are paying off tremendously. I wish I were home to share in these joys but in just 8months I will be home permanently to enjoy all the wonderments our lives bring.
1 comment:
YAY for Shawn! What an honor! I'm glad you're enjoying peds...and you reminded me that I need to study reflexes.
x's and o's from the road,
Jen
Post a Comment