Monday, March 2, 2009

A lovely weekend

Shawn left today, back to PDX - without me of course. He came in on Friday afternoon - I somehow managed to get off early for it! The rest of the weekend just flew by from there:
Friday evening - quick Lenten dinner at Long John Silvers (umm don't need to eat there for the next 25 years or a lifetime), went to nephew's b-ball practice - good to see them running and dribbling together not one or the other or rolling on the floor in the middle of a fast break. Then off for desert with the niece and nephew and sis/bro-in law. Did I mention it snowed 4inches? Late night cuddling.
Saturday - sleep in, get ready for a Creighton B-ball game. Clutch game for co-champs of reg season. Miss my dancing days - weird to think that Shawn and his rents saw me dance, just didn't know who I was. That evening - dinner at Quaker Steak and Lube - I know strange name. You can get things like Chicken fenders, a 4-wheeler sampler or some good old soft pretzels with cheese. Late night card playing (1opt pitch) - Shawn won us the 5th game by shooting the moon with an Ace, 2 and 6. What luck - what a game, what a husband!!
Sunday - another late morning - homemade breakfast with the whole fam. Shawn made his famous french toast - life is good. Went bowling - took 3rd over all, thought I had Shawn beat for the first time EVER. My first game was the best - I had 4 strikes and 2 spares. It went downhill from there. Shawn's parent's broke out their (as his mom called them) old balls and rubbers (shoes). Shawn's mom did better with a few beers and a rosin bag and everyone else warmed up by game 3. I can't believe Shawn use to bowl - and his family bowled in a league - welcome to the 70s'/80s - literally before my time. Sunday night - family pizza night -a tradition and then cuddling on the couch and movie on demand the Changeling - very good.
Monday morning - one of the hardest goodbyes in the parking lot of the hospital I'm working at. I am sure everyone working in the radiology department and outpatient registration watched our soap opera drama good bye. We just don't do good byes.
15minutes to compose myself and I was back seeing patients. Now I'm no expert but when I he asked me what I wanted to do with a patient and suggested at 10 til 5pm that we admit a little girl with a resp rate of 70+, deep cough and raspy lungs, RSV and hx of pneumonia it would have been nice to maybe ponder the idea instead of waiting until 6:10p to do it. But again I'm no expert. Tomorrow's my favorite day - Tuesday.

No comments: