Monday, March 16, 2009

9 and 12

It's like football, sort of, 9 days of actual clinic, 12 days until I am home (or where i put my hands when I drive). Hell yes!

1. I am really loving peds. I had a patient tell me something really great today, it totally made my clinic day. I admitted someone today and some parents are looking to me for parenting advice instead of my preceptor who A. is the doc, B. has kids of his own C. has beein doing this for almost 20years... scary - I guess everone assumes I have kids or assumes I have a clue when I talk to them - not sure which is more popular (and I had to inform one teenage mom today that no I did not go straight from HS to graduating med school - but thanks for the I look young compliment)

2. Shawn and i just discovered video IM chats on yahoo - I knwo there's skype - but we're still old shcool I guess. When he figures out his microphone then maybe we can move up in the world. Why didn't we think of this like 6months ago - best thing ever! (except that I get so giddy being able to see hom and the doggies that iIneed to unwind before bedtime and listening to my favorite tunes doesn't help.)

3. tomorrow's Tues - my favorite day!

4. my hippo still smells like Shawn - ahhhh, smelly hippo.

5. tomorrow is St. patty's day - I have the perfect outfit picked out - well no not really just one of the two green sweaters i own and a pair of green socks with monkey faces and rainbows on them. (should this be combined with #3?)

6 - if needed...Our tuition isn't going up for the last 3months of school - what a novel idea!!! I sent a personal thank you to Pacific's president.

No comments: