Thursday, March 12, 2009

Asleep on the job

So apparently I am just a freakin' germ magnet. Whatever I had last week or the week before or even before that either came back with a vengeance or I picked up a new buggy from one of the poisoned-nose dwarfs. Thanks kiddos for breathing, hacking, coughing, sneezing, spitting, vomiting, peeing and snorting on me. I appreciate it - really I do because I know that you are helping build my apparently weak immune system. So thank you kiddos, thank you.

In other news, I hear the crazy train (new clinical coordinator and the program director in tow) is in full swing after some hiatus. Can't wait to see if they stop by my station maybe those little critters can share the love with them too. All is fair in love and peds right?

Had 2mo old triplets today, some well child checks, and so sick-o kids. Nothing too interesting like duodenal atresia from the other day or bronchial dysplasia or 22q11 duplication and deletion. No ear pits, fatty filum terminale or oligohydrosis and a SGA baby. (oh wait, that was this morning.) Otherwise nothing too exciting - doc had parent-teacher conferences from 12-2 - so although he encouraged me to follow another provider, the NP didn't want me - she wanted me to go home and get well (since this is the 2nd week in a row I have a husky voice and "look like hell" according to her) I tried catching up on some assigned reading but started falling asleep in my book in the break room so the nurses/m.a. told me to go lay down fro 30 min in one of the rooms and they would wake me up before the triplets and before the doc was back. I napped, it was good - enough to get me through the afternoon. The logical thing in retrospect would have been to just go home but that's just not my style.

No comments: