ANd I thought metofromin type 1 diabetic was ugly, this next patient is even uglier.
Long story short - implanted nerve stimulator, COPD, mild dementia CABG X 5 and hyperlipidemia patient the other day having CP a day or two after their visit for chronic care clinic - reports it's not like their typical angina pain "doesn't feel right" and it's been going on since arrival to the facility (erroneous - denied CP adn SOb at office visit, but oh well)
ECG a couple days ago - NSR, ECG when having CP NSR with PVCs
NTG X 1 drops BP to 107/something, so I start an IV, start some fluids he's got some O2, I'm hesitant to give more NTG incase they are really is having an MI and if it's a right sided MI, well, I'm certainly not helping them with the NTG. After the second one, BP down to 94/something, hmmm, now SOB and really not feeling well and perhaps a little irregularity in the HR. I finally decided to call 911. It's weird calling 911, it's weird to be on the other end of the call and even stranger them going thru the checklist with me, depsite having answered all those questions in my initial report.
EMS arrives (and much to my happiness they know I am ShawnZ's wife - it gives me some credibility), slaps on their 12 lead, now in Afib with a rate between 30 and 79, still SOB, feeling worse. They take the patient to the hospital - and the patient's not back yet.
I have officially set a new CCJ record for the number of patient shipped out not just in a week but in a day as well. I wonder if I get a bonus for that - I'm guessing not.
No comments:
Post a Comment