It's light outside when I go to work and when I leave work - too bad that will change once we lose an hour of sleep this weekend. Funny, Shawn always has to work the "fall back" weekends but never the spring forward ones. Work is improving (long hours and transition with the new company). I almost took a very enticing job offer at another facility in Hillsboro but decided timing wasn't optimal. My doc is quirky - even finding ways to chat me up about my personal life without making me feel like he's uncomfortable. Shawn just went through shift bid and ended up in a float position - guaranteed hours just not a guaranteed car, so if all else fails - he sits around and gets paid until there's a spot for him to take over. Unfortunately with this new float position it is the end of OT.
We are moving in the fall (7 1/2 months to be exact) if all goes as planned. We are planning for the long term now which is really fun, although still living in the moment while we can (like when an amazing crazy idea popped in our heads today for May that we are going to follow through on, oh so very very pumped).
It's only 2 weeks until Arizona... the last weekend of spring training - we are so pumped! We are so in need of a little away time, I really feel we've earned it. Our "merchandise" arrived today for our trip - t-shirts, hats and shoulder backpacks all with the cubs logo spring training Arizona printed on them - I'm a nerd but I felt really cool, like part of some VIP club (that I totally paid to be a part of). I'm hoping it's a great experience so we take another trip through this company during regular season and get a private tour of Wrigley field. See, already thinking ahead.
1 comment:
I'm totally jealous about spring training. Sounds like a blast in the making.
Post a Comment