I am celebrating LBJ's birthday today in holiday form meaning no work. Don't ask me why the prison system uses this as a holiday, but they do so I am relishing in the fact that instead of making my usual 45min-hour drive I slept in and will start working on in-puting my patients into Typhon and working on my next oral presentation (which may be entitled; Really cool opportunistic infections HIV pts get). What a birthday party huh?
Yesterday my presentation went ok, I think the preceptors words were, "interesting, not what I expected but interesting." Hmmm. Well given the fact that I almost never spoke for more than 3 or 4 minutes at a time before being interrupted by my audience or people barging into the lunch room I guess interesting is better than anything else. I know my presentation did earn me two presentations per week for the rest of my rotation. Whoo.
Patients have been dull lately. The usual scamming to get a low bunk or get new restrictions. We also haven't had that many patients outside of intakes which have also been straight forward. Due to the lack in patients we've been getting done early around 2 or 3pm. I still haven't figured out the EMR though, it's tough. But tomorrow I will be trialed by fire in learning as I will be seeing some of the intakes myself, in my own office. We have double intake tomorrow since we are celebrating LBJ's birthday today. And my preceptor won't be in on Thur or Fri as she is helping conduct a research experiment on the vomit comet for NASA.
I'm off to do more celebrating!
No comments:
Post a Comment