Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's official!!

That's right ladies and gents it's official, I will be doing my next rotation (#4) in Portland! Funny how things work out. I was originally going to be in TX another 6 weeks (which at the time meant I would ship my car down here to drive up to KS and then to IA), then that was changed to ID( ok, so it screwed the car shipping idea, but saved me money and I would only be 8hrs away from home), and now Portland for a trauma rotation! Woohoo!! I have already noticed a boost in my morale knowing that not only am I counting the days to get out of this God forsaken land known as Texas but I will be going home for 6weeks. And even though I know the hours of this upcoming rotation are going to kick my butt, at least I will be home, in my own bed with my husband and the dogs. There is nothing more comforting than that, well maybe the fact that I will be at home during baseball playoff season - like a cherry on a sundae.

I have a big presentation tomorrow that my preceptor assigned me - talking about the approach to anemias and differentials. Whoo hoo (sarcasm anyone?) I got up today at 4:45 to jump on the computer first (it's tough to get the Internet around here with 3 teenagers) and do some research, including cutting and pasting from my online textbooks. I did some research and reading yesterday, but I went to one of my cousin's 6th (Olympic-themed) birthday party which inadvertently lasted for almost 7hours between the hour and a half party at the gymnastics place, going to my cousin's house to unwrap presents and then out to dinner. On the plus side, I got to do some flipping at the gymnastics place, which is a great release of energy and so far my body doesn't hate me for it. So onward ho I go! Once I finish gathering my info not only do I get to put together a reasonable presentation but then I get to enter 70 patients into Typhon! OH goody, I can't wait!

No comments: