So today one of our patient's family members learned the valuable lesson that you can't piss in a surgeon's cheerios and then ask him to eat them(although pissing in anyone's cheerios is not advised). Case in point: we were scheduled to help with a colon resection today for a giant diverticuli abscess (whoohoo) with one of the surgeon's (A). on admit, the patient's family was told by one of the RNs Oh I wouldn't have Dr. A do that, Dr B is much better. whoa! That' what a ballsy move. That problem seemed to get ironed out, and the family agreed to go with Dr. A after all. Well apparently last night at about 9:30, this same family member decides to call my doc and the surgeon and say - we want Dr. C to do the surgery tomorrow - yea totally do-able crazy person. Well turns out Dr A signed off this morning for Dr. C who turns out will be out of town until at least tomorrow - family member asks: well isn't there a third surgeon available? That's Dr. D. That doc was on call all weekend and wasn't available. SO family member asks - Well I guess we'll just have Dr. A do it. What?!!? Um, no, you already pissed in his cheerios this morning, and now you want him to slurp it down - nope not an option. So they prefer to wait until Dr. C gets back in town, whenever that may be risking sepsis, infection, and long term colostomy. Great POA and patient advocate - must be a big inheritance on the line... oops, that wasn't nice, but I was thinking it. So no surgery for me today but tomorrow I get to help with a hysterectomy with Dr. I hate women (why women choose this doc as an OBGYN I have no idea)! I'm just glad it's at the surgery center with the super cute scrubs.
On another note only 11days to go until I see my shawnee, I held my 1st 2mo old kiddo today and didn't break her and almost halfway done with this rotation!! YAY!
1 comment:
LMFAO - people are so stupid...don't you know that when you piss off a provider that they have a million ways to make your life hell??
PS - WTF was up with that RN? She should be on the chopping block.
Post a Comment