This week has turned out to be a fairly easy week - works for me. Monday was supposed to be blocked out for surgery - when it was canceled only a handful of patients filled the slots, I was home by 5:30, Tuesday: hysterectomy in the am fairly easy day - oh and it snowed - a lot (so much for a trace to nothing), Today: half day, plus special guest lecturer about Alzheimer's from a doc who does clinical trials for namenda - yummy lunch and actually a great lecture - learned a lot. Tomorrow I start between 9:30 and 9:45 at the health dept for family planning clinic - whoo, it'll make the day fly, Friday - workplace potluck - whenever there is food it makes the day fly! It's a good last week, I may or may not go the extra mile and go to clinic on Mon and Tues since I will be here....we shall see.
This afternoon I made white chocolate dipped pretzels with peppermint sprinkles for grandma and myself. She was adamant to have something to give everyone...the bus drivers who drive her when I have the car, the cooks at the senior center, the janitors at the senior center, the coffee group, the hair dressers, neighbors, etc. My quaint plate of pretzels will accompany my cheeseball for the potluck.
I'm already tired of the cold and snow...a high of 10 or less is just too much for me. We weren't suppose to have any snow and woke up to 6inches the other day - at least I have avoided having to shovel. The hysterectomy I scrubbed in for was a good learning tool - although the OB lived up to his reputation of being an oinker: in case you weren't aware this is what the female parts look like - are you familiar with these parts? ...later on...do you know what purpose the uterus has?(I thought - seriously did you just ask that?)
I personally founded the first to be a loaded question...not sure what I said but looked around for a lift so I could actually see above his towering 6'5" frame -
It would probably be wise to write some of those papers that are due at the end of the 12wks, although I am a stellar procrastinator and would rather start sewing on my quilt instead.
1 comment:
you better stay home on Monday and Tuesday. The school will charge you extra if you go.
Post a Comment