Monday, June 1, 2009

Do you believe?

SAN DIEGO ZOO!



I was just reviewing my SD pics. Cubs pics turned out ok, zoo pics mediocre and the Whaley house pics... better than I thought.


The whaley house is in oldtown SD http://www.whaleyhouse.org/
So what's so cool about historic California landmark #65? Well it's been the site of gallows, a home, the first bilingual general store in SD, billiard hall, community theatre, court room, as well as the home to a suicide of one of the daughters of the owner, it is also one of the most haunted houses in the country. Paranormal activity has been documented since the first occupiers of the house. So while in San Diego and having stumbled upon this little gem (and pointed out by the shuttle driver), for $10 bucks a person it was worth to take a guided stroll thru the small house complete with authentic pieces from the original family and previous states of the house - reminiscent of the 1850s. We didn't know much about the house until the tour and didn't care to read much on it either pretty much just taking it as we came across it. They even have some pictures of "orbs" and strange flashes of light that can't be explained by anything else. Pictures were allowed, so I took several. Prior to hearing any stories about deaths or things others have felt in the house Shawn's heart started to race and feel heavy like someone was squeezing him. The curator/guide (hilary) then told us about Yankee Jim - a man hung in the gallows prior to the property being built (witnessed by Mr. Whaley himself) who incidentally was too tall to be hung and strangled to death instead. People often feel chest pain or tightness in their chest, wrists and neck. I think it caught Shawn by surprise. Coincidence or manifestation of the paranormal? So we checked out the upstairs, nothing too exciting, they reconstructed the theatre that existed in one area and apparently some orbs have been seen there, we didn't see any there or in the bedrooms where in fact there are some photos of figures from past visitors - but none for us. As we approached the last part of the house, the parlor, complete with many authentic pieces from the family such as a piano and courting couch where the daughter actually passed away I felt something strange. Can't explain it, no words, but I said to Shawn, hmm something feels weird, got chills and an overwhelming sense that there was someone standing in front of me as I snapped pictures (is that piano music I hear?). Snapped some pictures, tuned out the curator and off to dinner we went.

Tonight I loaded my SD pics to the computer. I am fairly disappointed with my photographer skills this trip - (explanation to come much later on why this is such a big deal) But as I sifted through the Whaley house pics, I noticed something odd in a couple pics that don't exist in any other pics but two also in the same room- light orbs. So here's the pic - it may be harder to see than on my computer, but it's in the same place I felt funny. there are 7 that I counted. You can believe what you want - fluke in the film? light reflecting? or perhaps the family was having an evening in the parlor at sunset.







Sorry, the chick stepped in my picture as I snapped it, she's not an orb or a figure (of the paranormal kind anyway), check out the piano...

So the question is, do you believe?

No comments: