Today was much better. I felt really homesick for Shawn today, but I was able to call and at least leave a brief message, sigh, at least I know other options too.
Busy day today -
city tour of Guayaquil: Las penas (can't do spanish characters), which is an artsy center with 440 steps to the top - we just walked the first 120 or so. It's by some museums as well. Very neat area. You can see al the rebuilding they are doing to make the city nicer -within the last 5 years or so, each building has a picture of what it use to look like. The two river s converge to make the guayas river
Also went to the city center, saw the "governor's house" and city hall, which is modeled after the Galeria in Italy. Went to the largest Church in the city and across the street from this is the iguana park. (don't look up with an open mouth) Apparently for some it was mating season.
Then drove thru the malecon 2000 and saw the black markets which only means bartering and no tax.
I'm able to communicate with my host family a little better, although I think my mom was offended I wasn't hungry this morning for hot milk and corn flakes, maybe tomorrow.
I love the different juices here - all made fresh daily at home. Today we had watermelon, yesterday was mango. Yummm
No comments:
Post a Comment