Thursday, July 9, 2009

2 hemispheres, 1 moment

Spanish moment of the day: Our morning bus rides are typically uneventful. It´s a short ride really only about 5 or ten minutes. I think thus far, the most eventful occurence was Brits juice box being stolen as we pushed thru the crowd to get off the back of the bus, like salmon swimming upstream, as people tried to load the back of the bus to avoid paying the whopping $0.25 fair. But today we were in for a treat. An older man, probably in his 50s with white longer hair and matching white linen outfit serenaded the bus with his Spanglish version of hotel california by the eagles, complete with air guitar accompaniament (sp?) and hand percussion on his cheeks. We aren´t sure if he actually new all the words or just made simlar noises but I know I clenched my teeth not to giggle at the man trying to sing his way to a daily living. I wonder if the Eagles are planning on a Latin American Tour?

Headed to Quito tomorrow for the weekend with the international students and of course the other three. It may be a full weekend but will well be worth it to stand in 2 hemispheres in 1 moment. (secret fact: the actual line isn´t where the tourist spot is, it´s a little further down the road)

No comments: