Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Language

I encountered the first issue with being a foreigner with just enough Spanish to NOT being able to explain exactly what I mean and having someone else in a more authoritative position tell me I am wrong... case in point 66 Hep B shots given to 2nd graders instead of the 2nd dose to the 7th graders... I actually had to sit on some kid to give the shot... I feel terrible. Did the RN today really think it was a good idea to send a volunteer who knows nothing about what we are suppose to be doing, and 2 foreigners 1 who speaks just enough Spanish to a school with a bag full of needles, an icebox full of vaccine and an empty water bottle for a sharps container? Nope didn't sound good to me either.
What a crappy day.

Brits parents are leaving tomorrow. Shawn will be here in 11days. Totally unable to talk to Shawn tonight despite my best efforts to be looming near the computer room when the phone was ringing... is it really that difficult to pick up the phone people? grrrr. so frustrated.

At least I might have another encounter with a 4 foot iguana tomorrow on my way to school or at school. Craziness.

No comments: