That about sums it up. My brain is exhausted. I don't think I have ever thunk this much. I am trying to remember what it's like to be in clinic, throw in some Ecuadorian medicine and culture oh and doing all of this in another language. When I have more brain cells, hopefully tomorrow I can write about it, but today I'm pooped. I can say this though - privacy non existant in the clinic. I did 2 paps today... without lubricant...ouch...and the girls just sorta take everything off from the waist down right in front of you and hop on the table and spread their legs.
The gynecologist (ginecologo) I worked with was patient, which I appreciate but I felt so lost. We also did a home visit for a woman 25years old, gave birth to 7th child 3 days ago and now has fevers chills and abdominal pain - we prescribed antibiotics, pain meds and told her part of the placenta must not have delivered...if not better in 24hrs go to the hospital.
Spanish class - learning how to say things more PC which is nice I can sound more fluent and less like an American trying desparately to speak Spanish. Have already learned some clutch things like what mi papilla is and mi bebida. Almost ever kid has parasites and also gets an antibiotic. The word of the day for me however was "cosita"... never would have picked this up as an important part of the conversation and would have missed entirely the meaning of the conversation about her who-ha area.
No comments:
Post a Comment