I started work Tuesday - 2 days of orientation and then BAM! hit the floor running seeing patients bvy myself. I'm working with an NP who beat her best time in Spyder solitaire today while I was "training". My medical director must have been so busy that outside of the mandatory medical administration meeting we had this morning along with 6 other people, he was too busy to stop by and say hello. Definietly a remote site. I had such a fun day of trying to swim without my arm floaties I actually thought to myself, this is going to look so good in Typhon - sick I know. Highlight of the day - drained 2 ginormous and deep abscess on bilateral triceps caused by "skin popping" heroin. Awesome! Apparently this client comes in frequently - or rather rejoins the community regularly so I'm sure I will see it again. Lots of HTN, a couple DMs and a few asthmatics, not to mention trying to wade through schizoafffective disorders to get to the root of a problem (at least the psych NP dose all those diagnoses).
It felt really good to sign my name with PAC today, this is going to be really fun despite the steep learning curve.
Despite my fun - how wonderful it was to come home to the best hug ever from perhaps the proudest husband ever.
We celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary - 3 amazing years, it doesn't get better than that,, does it?
2 comments:
Happy happy happy!!!!!
You had me at skin popping abscesses.
Ho hum day down here in the free world.
Post a Comment