We saw Saw VI and it was glorious.... if you haven't followed the anthology due to your aversion to horror movies well then I think you've missed a Rube Goldberg movie-complex. Every movie is intertwined with another movie - some are so intertwined two movies are actually occurring simultaneously. If you can get pass the horrific, gruesome, diabolical and down right bloody traps of Jigsaw, then you would find some well written, well pieced October movie classics. There will be at least a VII and VIII which would be plenty - although then what would we look forward to the weekend before Halloween? But before this wonderfulness of 6 could begin, we had to recap the last 5 yrs worth of films... not a tough task by any means, at 93 min on avg per movie but then it set in... our 8 yr old DVD box would not work with our 9 month old TV, not even with an HDMI cable (High Def something) - in fact our sad little DVD player didn't even have an outlet for it (no wonder Shawn hadn't connected the DVD player since we bought the new TV - I thought he was just sparing himself from watching my chick flicks over and over again). So 30min before Best Buy closed we found ourselves looking for a Blueray player (I of course being the level headed of the two quickly shot down the possibility of a playstation - that would have been a whole new ball of wax I wasn't willing to set in motion). I don't know why they call is a blueray, probably because pink ray or green ray or rainbowbox player don't sound as sleek and sexy to the men folk who are most likely to purchase them... I will admit the picture looked great - even on the non blueray dvds we have. Our new sleek blueray player came with $50 worth of blueray dvds - which equates to about 2 at $24.99 a pop. Now if only the annoying high pitched noise would disappear we'd be set. I only hope I can figure out how to operate it - it was a long day... an hour long personal interview today - all about me and it was daunting, intrusive and I left feeling like all my skeletons had been ripped from my closet - labeled then hung out in the front lawn for everyone to see and take notes about which will then be turned into a book. I hope this job is worth it... and start time is still at least 2 or so weeks away and I learned today that the gov't had budget cuts for 2010 and went on a hiring freeze as of today. bummer
(Could there be any more numbers in this post - sheesh)
No comments:
Post a Comment