Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Death by Diarrhea

I've been home exactly 24hrs from our amazing little vacay in SD. It's sad that thru this last year I almost forgot what it was like to hang out with my husband without studying for school or logging patients in typhon. What a breath of fresh air. But now that I have been spoiled by the wonderfullness of vacation:watching the Cubs lose (that wasn't great but the rest of the game was), Reed hit the 2 run homer and be 7 rows back and having Reed acknowledge my husbands shouts of "alright Reed!" with a nod and a wave, my sunburned arms, walking 6hrs at the zoo and loving every second of it and eating strange Mexican concoctions in old town and spending every wonderful second of it with Shawn. We even made a significant revelation to each other while waiting for to see the Giant Pandas - more to come of this way down the road. Shawn even bought me a stuffed Hippo (my favorite) his name is Otis. He will keep me company when Shawn is away at work and one day be a special memento for someone else. But now I am back at home, with tired puppies and a tired husband who of course had a wickedly busy night last night all while I am drowning in diarrhea - research. Who knew there were so many accepted definitions of the stuff and all the while I am wondering what's the point of my paper. Haven't answered that one yet. bummer. I even managed to find 4 more articles to add to my review - should I be excited about that? It's a double edged sword really - more work but more umph behind my point - which is still yet to be discovered. I think my favorite definition thus far is: diarrhea -stool which the consistency takes the shape of the container it is in. Trust me I've got a great image in my head for that. So back to the grind or porcelain shrine as I sift thru more shit.

No comments: