Tuesday, May 12, 2009

ER... check!

So 8 down 2 to go!! I can't believe I'm done with another one. (in perfect rhythm) do-do do, do do another bites the dust. It was a nice steady day in the ER, which made it fly by, I even stuck around a few minutes after to see the results of a CT of a guy with excruciating R side pain, not RUQ, not RLQ, but just the side. His CT scan was funky looking and his labs were a little all over the place - U/S showed some gall stones but no secondary signs - the CT read was metastatic liver masses, a left non obstructing renal stone 11mm in diameter and gall stones. Worth the wait. Today I also had an 80 something old guy who fell off his tractor and then was run over by it - he was fine. 40 something double lung transplant 2 yrs ago with chest/shortness of breath, and 4 elevated troponin people, one A-flutter who was 262 in the Docs office, EMS adenocard-ed him twice and brought him down to 130s and 1 STEMI. and of course the run of the mill ER stuff. Now I just need to keep quilting and sewing to finish my projects, pack and be ready for a long ride home tomorrow.

I can hardly believe about 1 yr ago Me (and Shawn) and my fellow classmates started our clinical rotation life and now we only have 3 months and 2 rotations to go. Wow, we've almost made it and I am pretty sure I could have made it without Typhon by my side the whole way. Congrats to all of us!

1 comment:

Jen B. said...

11mm renal stone! Yikes, lets hope that one doesn't decide to ride the ureter slide.