Depending on how you look at it that's where I am now in fam rot. I'm ready to move on although yesterday may have been the best darn day in family medicine yet. This was in part due to my preceptor being out of town and I went with another doc who actually encouraged me to make some decisions, stick with them and write the scripts myself - all things which I presume my other classmates are already doing. It was great! Too bad I go back to my preceptor on Monday and back to the monotony of 15minutes in, and my exam/assessment doesn't matter since he is walking into the room before my 15sec of presenting are up.
It's been an interesting week. I brought grandma back from the hospital today after having her Right TKA. She still has some rehab to go but she's doing pretty gosh darn well. I spent all morning cleaning and organizing so anything I had misplaced while she was gone would be back in order. I hope she doesn't notice I emptied the fridge. She was seriously eating things that expired in 2002, but most things were only a couple-three years old. I also dusted anything that requires a ladder. Last thing I need is her up on a ladder while I'm at work.
I ran up to Omaha the other weekend. I had an EMS refresher to attend although there was nothing refreshing about it. Two 16hr days of blah blah blah. Refreshers are hoops and I am just the lion in the act. I did however get to stay with one of my dearest friends from college and her husband, and wacky cat named Zee. It was great to see her (and their beautiful house)and catch up after a 2 1/2 yr hiatus. I wish we lived closer - her and her hubby are homebodies like me and Shawn and I think we would have a lot of fun dining with them or having a game night. Bless their hearts I babbled most of the time I was there.
Something I learned recently from clinic (although the common sense part of me says I already knew this): the use of a pipe cleaner does NOT clear male urinary tract infections (although it's unsure if there was infection prior to the pipe cleaner incident) it also does not dislodge stones from the ureters.
No comments:
Post a Comment