Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Guilt
I sort of feel guilty that I skipped out on "work" today. My grandma is having her knee replaced today. I was offered a chance to scrub in but after a long thought process I decided that would be a little too weird..although how many people can say they watched or helped put in their grandma's knee. I probably could have gone to work this morning, but I was lacking in motivation a bit and felt I should spend my morning with grandma until she goes at noon to check in at the surgery center, although between my workout at the rec center this morning and catching up on a little typhon I haven't seen her much - this all sounds like slacking but reality is my doc - my grandma's family doc - thought long ago I should just take the day - no sweat off his back really and he knows this could go smoothly or well, the opposite of that. So there's my confession for playing hookie this morning (which was a planned missed day) - not to be confused with the act of hooking (with a new Sheriff voted in I don't think that will be happening as much in this small town). On a side note I remember my Senior yr cheer coach giving us advice on how to spend our weekends after the games: "I don't want you girls hooking about the town" I don't really know why she use to say this but it made us laugh every time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
JZ--
I'm picturing a small town with some snow on the streets in the winter. Please tell me you know what hooky-bobbing is.
Post a Comment