Thursday, September 3, 2009

How the heck do I know what kind of farm?

I am approaching the point where I am going to have to ask for a farm.... I want the farm, not the shanty across the street - not the mansion down the road but a farm to call my own. I'm having trouble with asking for it though. I know what my bottom lines are... I know what I am willing to let slide and I know what is NOT negotiable in my mind - the problem lies in asking for it. I don't want to come off like some know it all new grad or a new grad that seems clueless asking for the farm with red pain instead of brown and more cows than chickens but I don't want to sell myself short either. Especially when I know - or at least have a pretty good idea what I am getting myself into. It's a tough place to be in for sure. But I know when I send out a few emails to some fellow PA-Cers they'll shoot me straight and give me some insight to the world of farms.

I know I have a lot to offer and I know I have my work cut out for me but I also want to be compensated, I also know I am a green new grad.

My interview went fair today... I can't get the proper clearance I need until my licensure/credentialing is complete - which I am still lolly-gaggin with - it's a lot of money to throw out there if i change my mind and take on the three ringed circus of OR credentialing. It wasn't so much an interview - the only two questions I got were what do you do for fun and what have "they" (meaning the private company that employs the medical people for this company) told you... Everything else was me asking questions - I only had a few and the medical director telling me what my job would consist of. It ended with the Nurse Practitioner he called down from her office basically saying she wasn't interested in mentoring me when the medical director asked her right in front of me...hmmm chin scratching and can we say awkward moment? This would also be a "remote" site meaning pretty much no supervision and minimal chart review. So all this being said.... not sure what to do with this interview/company. At least he got my name right.

Tomorrow - different interview, different place and in the mean time, researching farms.

No comments: