So some time, 6-8 weeks from now I should be licensed in WA then another 2 weeks after that I should have my DEA number. So some time in Nov/Dec I should have a job and be working... should is the operative word.
I had 3 prospective jobs, but then one place - who couldn't even get my name right failed to set up an interview spot after numerous attempts to set one up at a time convenient to them (nope too busy this week seemed to be the best response) and now they've hired someone else - oh well that was in OR. So then I had my other two here in WA, got a big turn off from one and felt great about the other so I was sold. I was suppose to come in to the office the following week meet with another lady and fill out a practice plan. So I did, only no one told the other lady about me signing a practice plan and she was too busy to meet with me, so I left her a hand written message with the secretary to please call me at her convenience and left a note for the head physician whom I interviewed with- no word for a week, so I called again, and the secretary lets me know she forgot to pass the message along. Great! So I leave yet another message because wouldn't you know it both her and the head physician are too busy and out a lunch at the same time. Still no phone call. So frustrating - so glad I kept job #2 on the line just in case which is suddenly looking better than the other - except for the hours -but they are willing to work with me on everything else so far. So what to do? Keep applying for jobs. I applied to another ER job in OR and still looking for something up my alley in WA.
How hard is it to return a phone call people? Seriously! I wish WA would kick it up a notch in their license/credentialing department.
Thank goodness Shawn is holding down the fort - that last loan check from the summer is about to run out...
No comments:
Post a Comment