Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Next Chapter

Well, I guess it's time to move on to the next chapter in life. Not really sure what to do with myself just yet. Ready for a job and a schedule and oh yes, a paycheck.

We had an awesome weekend in Chicago and unlike our usual trips where we just see a couple games, we also went to the Shedd aquarium and to Second City. The aquarium wasn't as good as I had hoped, the giant anaconda was neat, as were the dolphins and beluga whales. Second City is a show and improv comedy - home to alumni such as Tina Fey, Chris Farley, Jim Belushi, Steve Carrell, Tim Meadows and the list goes on an on and on. It was pretty funny, better than I thought it might be and we got a signature of an upcoming star - well at least she hopes so... and so do we.

We saw one Cubs game 6 rows behind the dugout and they won! Jake Fox hit a grand slam! It was an awesome game. The second game was 16 rows behind the Met's dugout, it was terrrible. It's the first game we've been to at Wrigley Field that they didn't win. No Go Cubs Go song, the big blue loser flag flying high, it was a long sad walk back to the hotel.

So, now we're back, I'm still on the job hunt, Shawn heads back to work... and it's really strange to not really have anything to do while I wait... except for wait...

No comments: