So I've been doing this Zumba class for about 2 week now. My Monday night class is actually somewhat a workout but my Thursday class is fluff and ass-shaking more or less. If I wanted fluff I would dance around in my grandma's living room. There is something to be said about group classes, there can be a lot of people in one room who are suppose to be doing the same actions but in tonight's class there was some heavy recruiting from the main gym to get people to try the class - great idea except there were a lot of people in one room, not doing the same actions looking completely confused and to top it off, the lady next to me was dancing in my dance space! If you've ever seen the movie Dirty Dancing you would know the when people are dancing, it is essential to stay in your own dance space. I don't mind dancing close to other people, in fact it's reminiscent of my dance team days in college but the people I was dancing close to then knew what they were doing and didn't dance in my space and sure didn't whack me occasionally when going to wrong direction swinging the arms the wrong way. The least I can say was my Zumba class was more dirty disaster than dirty dancing. If I didn't get out of work between 5 and 5:30 I could attend some of the other classes that sound interesting and more, um advanced and less booty shaking. After Thanksgiving I suppose.
Shawn has caught up on his sleep I think finally. He spent the afternoon with our niece and nephew. Wish I could be up there hanging out with them but all in good time...Wednesday is only a little over 24hrs away! YAY!
Clinic flew by today. Some interesting patient histories to accompany the patients: a 5 yr old who at age three was diagnosed with malignant pancreatic cancer - now in remission and in for a sinus infection - um wow. A 40+yr lady with Dandy Walker syndrome (I had never heard of this syndrome: http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/dandywalker/dandywalker.htm ) in for a pap. She has two children in their 20s who are perfectly normal. There were a couple others too, but can't remember the entire gist of it all, so I will save them for when I do remember.
No comments:
Post a Comment