These week went by pretty quick. Tomorrow's Friday!
Today I finally saw patients by myself - sort of. I saw a patient got the scoop (met mostly with - uh is the Dr. not in today because I can reschedule by the patients) then he went in to see the patient. i was right on track what I was telling patient - he repeated nearly everything I told the patients, so I am well on my way I think. I don't know how many times I overheard a patient ask the nurse rooming the patients "I don't know why someone would ever become one of those PAs or NPs and not go to medical school" usually followed by1. "they must be lazy" 2. "they must not be smart enough to go to med school" and 3. "why see a PA when I can see the doc?"
Sigh....
I saw everything from Well Child Checks (made a new mom cry when I said her kid looked like a million bucks) to HTN checks to a guy with a unidentifiable rash (even to the derm doc). It was a long day but a good day - complete with a drug rep lunch who spent 2 minutes talking the whole time saying "here are my drugs, take note pads, we won't have those come January. Want seconds? thirds? boxes for dinner tonight?" We had a catered Mexican lunch - it was awesome!
Dictating two of my patients not so awesome. He told me to just do two today, and see how I do and if I feel comfortable I can do more tomorrow.
Tonight I went to din with grams (although seriously not hungry after lunch) I had to eat light so I wouldn't be full for my group exercise class. I am not a huge fan of group classes - especially the choreographed ones: "Here we go! And 5-6-7-8, work it out ladies.... feel the burn" and so on. I get embarrassed, I feel like everyone is watching me look like complete retard in my uncoordinated long limb fashion. I took a class called Zumba. The commercials look cooler than it was - our instructor didn't speak the entire time - unless it was in Spanish. 85-90% of the class were overweight Latina women - including the instructor. The remaining 10-15% stuck out like a sore thumb...but it was still fun. I salsa'd and mambo'd my way to thinner thighs and sculpted abs. I may have to try another class in addition to this one and my cardio and weight lifting time - I am going to be exhausted. Maybe this will help me sleep.
I'm ready for Friday.
No comments:
Post a Comment