It's hard to fight the urge...especially when it would be so easy to give in. I gave in partially this morning by sleeping until noon hoping more rest would fight off the looming illness in my head and throat. I'm a firm believer that once you give in to the idea of getting sick - you will. For the record - I'm not getting sick, just cycling through a multitude of fun symptoms; headache, body aches, sore throat, nasal drainage. I don't have time to be sick right now, I have to make it through 2 1/2 work days to Wednesday afternoon when I will be driving to IA to visit my hubby and in-laws. I can't believe are finally in the same time zone, although truth be told I wish I were going back to NW but beggars can't be choosers and I am just very grateful to be able to see Shawn, no matter where he is. If he could have stowed away our 4-legged furbabies the holiday would be complete but at least I can watch them play on the webcams at daycare.
So until Thanksgiving passes, I will be fighting the urge to be sick and so for all of you patients out there and family members, cover your mouths and wash your hands, this holiday is about giving thanks, not your colds and strep throat.
No comments:
Post a Comment