Reeds our boy - and no that's not some euphamis to something else. Reed Johnson is a Cubby. last year he was seen making clutch plays, pinch hits and 110% each time he stepped on the field. He didn't get a ton of playing time - (but I know a good one when I see them - just look at Shawn). So last year after a couple amazing plays and saves at the series we were at in Chi town I just had to have a shirt with his name and number. Shawn got a Derek Lee jersey - which is cool - because he's like a Chicago Cubs staple. It's like Shawn's jersey is the ice cream and I am the cherry on the sundae. But last year Reed was really a nobody - and even this year but.... But today - he made yet another clutch play in the outfield! It goes a little something like this: bases loaded in Milwaukee, Prince Fielder (and his fat ass and super baggy pants) steps up to the plate. Here's the pitch and crack! it's up there - it's going, going, and Reed Johnson pushes up off the outfield wall and snags the ball as it goes over the wall!! As Fielder walks to the dug out - grand slam and tragedy averted - he tips his batting cap at Reed - a classy gesture. You should check the catch out - it's freakin' amazing!!! So this year when I wear my Reed Johnson shirt i know I believed in him before he was big - and now I subscribe to his blog. Only in a fantastic Cubby-love driven marriage can a women sport another man's name on her shirt.
On less fun work news - it was drug seeking Monday. seriously folk - do you think we are that stupid? We can look up all your narcotic prescriptions in a database up until a month ago, we do call pharmacies. And if you just filled 140 percocet 6days ago, I'll be damned if you're out - should've made them last ladies and gents cuz you aint gettin none here. Well, we did give one percocet to a patient - there was a least a little pathology there but had an appointment with the specialist tomorrow - so they can fill your narcs. Why do we even give narcotics in the ER if someone is going home. What did we do before all the Vicodins, Lortabs, Percocets? We sucked it up. And the crabby head of emergency got after me again today - this time for eating at the nurses station - while the other docs were eating. Apparently I need to either eat in the Dr. lounge or staff lounge, but everyone else is exempt. She has pristine white hair - she probably uses that dog whitening stuff and looks like a mean southerner and ex beauty queen. Karma is a b---- lady. If she has to talk to me again she'll have to write me up she told me.
I bonded with the host fam tonight - Mary convinced me in my down time I should sew with her. So Thursday morning Bob is going to take us to Lancaster to JoAnn fabrics. I call it a little motivation to do Typhon and homework on time! I mean who needs to study for boards or finish my CV. Naw...I'd rather do something I probably won't do at home!
Oh my gosh how can I forget - the most wonderful thing happened today. My Easter basket arrived!! Shawn sent me the most sweet Easter box - full of all my favorite sweets my favorite coffee cake mix and the most adorable shawnee smelling card with a poem. His poem read:
did you honestly think I would share his poem? Not so much. Needless to say it was really sweet and brought tears of joys to my eyes! I LOVE THAT GUY!